Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Psychiatry notes - schizophrenia questionnaire

PRIME questionnaire for Schizophrenia

Actually I owe this Questionnaire to Schizophrenia.com. This free and anonymous screening test for early symptoms of schizophrenia is part of a research study being performed by Yale University Medical School. The PRIME screening test was developed by Dr. Tom McGlashan, Dr. Tandy Miller, Dr. Scott Woods and the PRIME group in the psychiatry dept. of Yale Medical School. I feel it is a very useful tool for the common man who is terrified if they’re going crazy. The site can be accessed and ratings can be done immediately. There is no worry because this site keeps all information anonymous and there is no need to reveal identities.

The following questions are posed and the person is rated on various levels of agreement(definitely disagree to definitely agree at the ends of the spectrum).

1. I think that I have felt that there are odd or unusual things going on that I can’t
explain.

2. I think that I might be able to predict the future.

3. I may have felt that there could possibly be something interrupting or controlling my thoughts, feelings, or actions.

4. I have had the experience of doing something differently because of my superstitions.

5. I think that I may get confused at times whether something I experience or perceive may be real or may be just part of my imagination or dreams.

6. I have thought that it might be possible that other people can read my mind, or that I can read other’s minds.

7. I wonder if people may be planning to hurt me or even may be about to hurt me.

8. I believe that I have special natural or supernatural gifts beyond my talents and natural strengths.

9. I think I might feel like my mind is “playing tricks” on me.

10. I have had the experience of hearing faint or clear sounds of people or a person mumbling or talking when there is no one near me.

11. I think that I may hear my own thoughts being said out loud.

12. I have been concerned that I might be “going crazy”.

No comments: